- 2016 North Carolina Weightlifting Champion, Masters 63kg
- 2014 Radbar NCFit Open Champion
- 2013 SuperFit Raleigh Team Champion
- 2013 Midwest Regionals Team Competitor
- USAW Level 1
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility Certified
- CrossFit L2 Certified Trainer
- BBA in Marketing
- Minors in Psychology and Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- NCAA Cheerleader
- High School Basketball
- Oklahoma High School State Track Meet 100m Hurdles, 5th Place
- Lover of dogs
It took me 3 years to do a muscle up.
You may not even know what that is yet. I didn’t either until eight years ago, when I found myself in a new city and unexpectedly out of work. But that’s when the gym found me.
Hard times made me realize just how strong I was. Barbells made me realize just how strong I could be. Patience and perseverance, focus and frustration—they all showed me that this was a growing strength I was meant to share.
North Raleigh CrossFit is my way of doing just that.
I coach because this matters. I believe every person has an athlete within, and that progress comes when you believe in yourself. I’m here to believe in you, too.
I condition and compete, just like you. Strength isn’t just genetic, and building it doesn’t come free. But stronger character comes in the package deal, and we can all keep improving and reaching new goals.
And I’m cheering for you. Really cheering for you. (Seriously—I had a full collegiate scholarship to compete on a nationally ranked cheer squad). I know what it feels like to want to quit, and I know the reward that comes with pushing through to do your very best to accomplish more than you ever thought you could.
It may take 3 years. Maybe longer. But we have the time.